We visited the Punjab progressive farmers (PDFA) event from 10th to 13th Dec 2021 at Jagraon, Ludhiana at Punjab. We came back highly inspired to see a very innovative agriculture event, which is organized by farmers to ensure that they are exposed to the best global products, practices, and technologies in the dairy sector. No wonder, Punjab sets the benchmarks for the dairy sector in India which are comparable to some of the best in the world. Punjab farmers excel across genetics, nutrition, and housing practices, the 3 core drivers of dairy farming profitability.
Cattle Breed Competition at 15th PDFA International Dairy and Agri Expo 2021 witnesses a huge crowd
On the first day of the 15th PDFA International Dairy and Agri Expo, a competition for buffalos and cows was held. In India, dairy farming is one of the most profitable businesses that provide employment to a huge population. It accounts for 55 percent of the world’s buffalo population. With the population growing day by day, it’s crucial to bring the best quality into dairy farming.
About Breed competition:
This expo featured competitions among various breeds of buffalo & cows based on their quality, position, and milk in the following categories:
· Category No 6- HF Breed Cow (Two Teeth): First Prize Certificate awarded to Iqbal Singh (for Animal Tag No. 1267)
· Category No 9: First Prize Certificate in position and milking awarded to Jatinder Singh (from Rurki Kallan, Nwa Shehar)- (for Animal Tag No. 1193)
· Category No 10- Jersey Vaihra (Dodian): First Prize Certificate awarded to Bachitar Singh (for Animal Tag No. 1073)
· Category No 15: First Prize Certificate in position and milking awarded to Naresh Kumar from Dodewala, Fazilka (for Animal Tag No. 1119)
· Category No 16- Nilli Ravi Buffalo (Milking): First Prize Certificate awarded to Baldev Singh (for Animal Tag No. 1146)
· Category No 19- Nlli Rabi Bull (Two Teeth): First Prize Certificate in position and milking awarded to Gurmail Singh from Basti Sunanwala, Firozpur (for Animal Tag No. 1012)
This 3-day expo has started on 11th December 2021 at Cattle Fair Ground, Jagraon (Distt. Ludhiana), Punjab. It has attracted a large number of companies, farmers, and other stakeholders from all over the country.
It’s an excellent platform that helps scientists, farmers, dairy farmers & exporters and brings all into a common platform. This Expo is organized every year to motivate the farmers to keep good quality animals.