The Aviagen® India Sales andCustomer Service team was pleased to welcome managing directors, farm and hatchery managers and nutritionists from poultry businesses throughout India to their Technical Seminar on April 28. The goal was to provide timely and practical knowledge to strengthen the productivity and welfare of Ross® 308 AP broilers and breeders. The popularity of this remarkable Ross bird continues to soar, as more and more farmers in India come to experience its superior feed efficiency, performance, robustness and other numerous other advantages that bring value to their businesses.
Engaging with array of knowledgeable speakers
Held in Coimbatore, the seminar saw a full lineup of global experts from Aviagen, academia and the poultry industry, who were eager to share their insight with their guests. Dr. Joshua Tangaraj, Regional Technical Service Manager, Aviagen India, kicked off the meeting, and Ferry Monné, Aviagen India’s Head of Sales and Marketing provided the closing notes. Topics and speakers included:
- Respiratory disease and IBH challenges and control, presented by Dr. Ganapathi Kannan, lecturer on avian infectious diseases at the University of Liverpool, England
- Ventilation essentials presented by Bernard Green, Aviagen Asia Ventilation Technical Manager
- Nutrition and feeding strategies by Dr. Marcelo Silva, Head of Global Nutrition Services, Asia
- Summer hatchery management strategies by Joe Maria, Hatchery Manager, Aviagen India
- Importance of “soft skills” in professional and personal life by Dr. G. Gopal Reddy, an independent consultant.
India Business Manager Marc Scott expressed his gratitude to the Coimbatore seminar attendees.
“Aviagen values every opportunity to meet with our esteemed customers, strengthening our common bonds. We firmly believe that sharing the latest breeding and market developments serves to advance their businesses along with their ability to provide a nutritious and affordable food source to families throughout our country and beyond for years to come.”